We have both our conscious and subconscious mind, but what is the difference? Conscious mind – Active in your waking life
Subconscious mind – Active ALL THE TIME
Your life is a representation of your current and past thoughts/feelings (NOT saying what happened to you is your fault). Think about a day you woke up and said “this day sucks already” or “this won’t work” and then it happened. WHY? Because that’s what you affirm and believe. Thought patterns like “people always let me down” and “I’m NOT good enough” are the reasons why your relationships with good people DO NOT last. It’s time we take control of our lives and reprogram our minds. To understand the ‘law of attraction’ more, watch ‘The Secret’ on Netflix and read about the ‘placebo effect’
Reprogram Your Mind Before Sleeping To Change Your Life
- Plan your tomorrow – Get a journal and write down what you want to do tomorrow and stick to these plans if possible. “If you want to win the day, win the evening.”
List things like time to wake up, someone to call, tasks/work to complete, etc…
- Review your goals every NIGHT – Why? To set your mind for success. You need a constant reminder of your long-term and short-term goals, which is also a reminder of your purpose
- Gratitude – Practice gratitude to program your subconscious mind to think in abundance and scarcity. You can write something as small as “had a nice, warm meal.” or “sunny day,” “got a phone call from a friend.” Some people don’t even have a roof on their head or a friend to open up to.
- Ask your subconscious mind – Think of a problem that you currently have and ask your subconscious mind how to solve it or find a solution. I know this sounds odd, but how many times have you thought about something before bed and then woke up in the middle of the night thinking “I should do a,b,c” or “this isn’t good for me, I think I should let it go.” You can ask questions regarding your financial state, your relationships, your work life, etc…
- Hypnotherapy – No I don’t mean losing control of your mind and following a green light in the middle of the street. Hypnotherapy is a form of a safe, complimentary medicine that therapists use to help change your thought patterns without losing control of your mind of course. You can always find hypnosis audios online that consist of affirmations or a meditation for a specific problem or desire.
Again, repetition is required to see a difference. Some things work faster with people and others take a bit longer. Then again, it usually takes around 21 days for something to become a habit (thoughts too). So stay committed and BELIEVE.
I will write more blogs about this topic since it is VERY eye-opening and this has helped me change my self-image and my view on life. This is how I developed healthier relationships, but that doesn’t mean shit won’t hit the fan sometimes. It just means you will have a stronger mind that is more capable of reacting to certain situations and the ability to hold on. It is HEALTHY to feel every emotion but with certain capacity.